I have confessed in the past, to discussing dinner options while eating breakfast, which I think is smart if you have to think about defrosting or running to the market if you need a few more items.
I have not shared though, that I tend to discuss how to make — insert any dinner/ lunch/or restaurant meal here, better or different, while eating it. Can’t help it.
Now, if you had to choose, would you want plain old chicken soup for dinner tonight, or this fabulous Chicken Soup with Lime Avocado and Quesco Fresco Cheese?
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/12 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mexican chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 cups homemade or good quality chicken stock
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup quesco fresco cheese or feta