Did you know it is officially 28 days until Spring? And, that is about as long as I have left in my tank for this brutal winter.
I feel like getting out an old-fashioned calendar, you know one that was printed on actual paper, and marking a big X for each of those days. Because the end is in sight, although, looking out my window today that thought seems so farfetched. Sigh.
So, with spring in mind, and taking into consideration the #$%$# weather, I thought you might enjoy this warm and comforting Escarole with Sausage and White Beans.
Basically this is a warm salad — don’t tell my husband — and you can add whatever you have on hand. I like it with the addition of turkey sausage, white beans, hot pepper rings, some cherry tomatoes, shredded parmesan, and lots of onions and garlic.
Best of all, it’s a one pan dish. I know it doesn’t help you with all that snow you have to shovel, but, a little less clean up in the kitchen is always welcome, right?
- 6 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3-4 links of turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 head of escarole, throughly washed and chopped into bite size pieces.
- 1/2 cup hot pepper rings (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomates, halved
- 1 can 16oz white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup panko, I use a gf version
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese