Okay, I admit it, I did it.
Yes me, who boasts of rarely cooking separate meals for different members of my family.
I did it. I cooked a totally separate dinner for Bunny.
In my defense, it’s really hard to convert Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa into a vegetarian meal.
As it turns out Bunny loves french fries and potato chips, but has no love for Fingerling Potatoes.
And that was what were having with dinner.
So, with no creative juices flowing, dinner hour looming, and the barbecue all warmed up.
I asked “Hey Bunny how about a Boca Burger for dinner tonight?”
“Sure, that would be great”
You would have done the same, right?
- 1 pork tenderloin, approx. 1 1/2 lbs
- 1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, passed through press
- 2 inch knob of ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- zest of half a lemon
- For Salsa:
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- I jalapeno, cored and deseeded and diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt