My early Christmas gift to you all this week is a super fast and tasty Lentil Soup.
I know everyone is crazy busy this time of year, and sometimes questions like “what’s for dinner?”
don’t hit the radar until after 6pm, right?
All you need is 1 bag of everyday grocery lentils, you probably have one that has been kicking around in your pantry for awhile.
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I don’t judge), some bacon or prosciutto and finally a little parsley.
It takes 20 minutes to cook the lentils, in the meantime you crisp up the bacon, throw together a salad and set the table.
All in under 30 minutes, promise.
With all the super indulgent foods coming your way, perhaps a low-cal (except for a bit of bacon) comforting bowl of soup is in order.
- 1 bag lentils
- 1 jar favorite pasta sauce
- ½ lb thick cut bacon
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Add washed lentils to large stockpot with 8 cups of water.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook until tender approx. 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel lined plate.
- When lentils are done add jar of pasta sauce, stir and simmer another 5 mins.
- Ladle into warmed soup bowls, garnish with chopped parsley and cripsy bacon.