Last month I enthusiastically shared my interest in Skinny Pasta, now one of my new go-to’s for a quick lunch. As I previously told you; these noodles are virtually calorie free, carb free, no sodium, grain free, gluten free, vegan, full of fiber, oh and they come in different shapes too! A lot of hype for yam noodles. However, I really do love them!
This summer I have delved deep into Shirataki noodle recipes, as there seems to a pattern forming for me. Every weekend we have a party, bbq or guests over, that means lots of fabulous food and wine. So, by Monday I am looking to un-do some of the weekends festivities – you know?
I particularly like the noodle shape prepared with Asian ingredients, I like to sneak in as many vegetables as I have in the fridge, you may also call that cleaning out the vegetable bin in the fridge. Today it was broccoli, red pepper, asparagus, red cabbage and scallions. If you only have a big floret of broccoli and some scallions that works just as well!
I still have a package of the fettuccini shape… wondering what should I make with those?
- 2 pkgs Shiratake "Skinny Noodles", drained and rinsed for min 1 minute, drained again
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp grated or minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 6-8 shitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 10-12 asparagus spears, sliced
- 4 oz precooked tofu, asian flavor (optional)
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup gf teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp gf soy sauce
- 1-2 Sriracha sauce
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds