I think I just hit on the Holy Grail of dinner recipes. This Shrimp Scampi with Peas and White Beans is super fast to pull together, perfect for any weeknight when you haven’t put much (or any) thought into what is landing on your table at 6pm.
However, if you had unexpected company, it’s so impressive that you could pretend you eat this fabulously every day of the week. They would never guess that you used pantry and freezer staples to create this restaurant worthy dish.
Ladled on top of hot cooked rice or al dente linguine – you can’t go wrong either way. You could also pull one from my playbook and grab a baguette from the freezer – a quick defrost and 5 mins in a 400 degree oven will have you happily sopping up all those buttery garlicky juices.
My friends and family should note – this recipe will be on repeat here, for awhile.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- Cooked pasta, rice or crusty bread