When Holiday baking, don’t you feel you have to raise the bar a bit? Everyday oatmeal craisin cookies, while good, feel like a Monday morning snack. banana bread, a great accompaniment to a bagged lunch. Even my best lemon ricotta cheesecake, which is a favorite for dinner parties, just doesn’t feel special enough.
So, I made these Triple Chocolate Cookies with Peppermint Candy Cane sprinkles. Made with three kinds of chocolate: melted bittersweet chocolate, a hefty dose of really good dark cocoa powder, and handfuls of bittersweet chocolate chips.
To make them festive, a sprinkle of crushed candy canes. Really what other time of the year would you purchase candy canes, much less cook with them?
They practically scream Christmas!
Happy Holidays to all.
- 2/3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, I used 70% cocoa
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, directly from fridge not room temperature
- 3-4 peppermint candy canes for garnish