Another zucchini recipe.
I didn’t plan it.
It just happened.
We were craving meatballs.
Lately, I have been making them with turkey.
And most of you know that you have to be careful with them, or they tend to get dry.
While collecting all the ingredients from the fridge, I glimpsed one of the last (I promise) zucchini in the crisper.
Zucchini are mostly water.
If you made these zucchini fritters you know this.
So, why not grate one into the meatballs?
To make them lighter and more moist?
And I am always game to hide a veggie in there somewhere.
- 1 lb ground Turkey
- 1 large zucchini, grated and chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 4oz can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, I use brown rice panko crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper