Sunday dinner here is always a democratic process.
Everyone gets a say, and a vote, if you will.
Often too many options are considered.
Usually Bunny asks for fish.
After reading “Kitchen Confidential” I shy away from fish on Sunday.
My Son might bring up turkey.
You know with stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberries and course.
His absolute favorite meal.
I wish he had the same zeal for a simple roasted chicken.
The Husband doesn’t like to contemplate another meal when he is eating or has just eaten.
So he just agrees with the kids.
I do all the grocery shopping, stocking of the pantry, and research for every meal consumed here.
As well as that balancing act that ensures that all dietary needs are met.
You know make sure its gluten free, vegetarian and throw some meat in there too.
So really, it’s nice that they think they have all this input.
But ultimately, I decide.
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 4 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sun dried tomatoes, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 15 oz can cannellinni beans or other white beans
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh thyme