Okay, I was handed a challenge today. A dear friend’s son has been having serious digestive issues, their Doctor suggested a version of the candida diet, which means basically no sugars or most grains. He is 15 years old, and very active in sports, so starving all the time of course. Could I possibly develop some type of bread/muffin that could be packed in his lunch, or portable for sporting events. Sure.
Sounds easy, I thought, yeah well, not so much. Some of the things he could not have are yeast, eggs, milk (cow goat or sheep), almond flour, wheat flour, oats or oat flour, casein, barley or sugar. Sure, easy.
- 1 1/2 cups gf cornmeal
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour, I used cup 4 cup
- 2 cups coconut milk from can, I used Thai Kitchen Organic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons honey or sugar substitute
- 1- 15 oz can corn (optional)
These freeze really well. I like to grab one from the freezer when traveling, after a few hours they have defrosted enough to enjoy wherever I am.