Lately, Bunny and I like to spend a little time after school watching cooking shows together. It’s a nice way for her to decompress, and for me, its precious alone time with her. At that time of day its Giada and Ina Garten, our absolute favorites. If they made something memorable, and when don’t they? We try to work it into a dinner soon.
Last week, Giada made these beautiful crispy little goat cheese medallions, and perched them on a crisp bright green salad for lunch. We couldn’t wait to try them (girls love salad). But, the boys were not interested in salad for dinner, even with crispy goat cheese on it. They wanted pasta, preferably with some meatballs (boys love meat). They are not picky, any kind of meatball is acceptable to them.
Dinner here being a democracy, add to that the celiac and vegetarian constraints, you’d think it would be hard to come up with a workable meal. Not so this time honey, all those pesky details came together beautifully.
It was so good, the guys never mentioned or missed those meatballs at all.
- 1 4 ounce package goat cheese, mine was plain but herbed or garlic would work too
- 1/4 cup gluten free panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package gluten free fettucini
- 3 cups homemade tomato sauce or 24 oz jar prepared pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup pitted halved black olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped