So, last month I shared with you that I was intimidated by the thought of making gluten-free pizza. Now, however, I am turning them out weekly. Why? What changed?
Well, I figured out that my goal wasn’t to try to make a gluten-free pizza that tastes exactly like regular pizza. It was to just make a really, really good gluten-free pizza. Thats it.
And it’s just a bonus for some of you that this pizza is Paleo and maybe Keto worthy as well, the crust is mainly almond flour, mozzarella cheese, an egg and some spices. Ingredients you may already have in your kitchen right now, I did.
I have to admit, there is nothing better than scratching this one off the list, while the kitchen smells so heavenly of pizza.
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, I used full fat
- 1/4 shredded parmesan cheese, you could also use grated
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground golden flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, or any other herbs you like
- Pizza sauce
- More mozzarella and any vegetables or meats you like.
- I used tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella, thinly sliced shallots, broccoli, tiny yellow grape tomatoes halved, and a sprinkle of finely shredded parmesan cheese.