Okay, I am not saying I need to post a ton of low calorie, yet filling recipes this month due to my over indulgengces in all manner of foodstuffs, sweets, and of course wine over the holidays.
This Roasted Mushroom Soup with Shallots and Thyme could fit that bill though, however, it really doesn’t deserve to be corralled into the diet food category. Soup this good deserves to be savored, it is the kind of soup that makes you murmur yummy food sounds while eating, and leaves you hoping there is enough left for seconds.
The fact that paired with some toasted bread smeared with goat cheese, and a simple salad, it remains relatively un- caloric is just a bonus. Good thing, since there is no way I will resort to munching on carrot sticks, and eating endless bowls of salad to un-do all the merry making I enjoyed.
- 4 - 24oz (8-10 cups) cartons of sliced mushrooms (not a typo, a lot of mushrooms are needed)
- 6-8 shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 small whole head of garlic, with loose outer skin removed but unpeeled
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 64 ounces of low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp masa flour