With temperatures steadily rising this past weekend.
I was longing for salad that was crisp, cool, tangy, and just a tiny bit spicy.
A salad that would happily share a plate with grilled chicken, or perhaps fish.
Because, I was not involving the oven in the preparation of this meal – way too hot for that.
At first we were thinking citrus marinated seafood or grilled lemon thyme chicken.
Or, a nice fat juicy cheeseburger…….
What would you choose?
We opted for the latter.
It was our super tasty homage to summer.
So glad you are finally here.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small jicama, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 small fennel bulb, outer leaver discarded then sliced thinly
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 serrano chili, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh chives