I am so done with braises, roasts and stews.
I want fresh, light, crisp fare.
It is Spring you know.
What dish could scream spring more than Pasta Primavera?
I used crisp tender asparagus, bright green broccoli, baby spinach, and threw in a handful of bright little tomatoes.
All tossed in a light vegetable broth reduction.
No cream sauce here.
Mixed with a pretty pasta shell called Conchiglie.
You can certainly use any pasta or vegetables you like.
A nice little glass of crisp white wine wouldn’t hurt either.
To celebrate Spring of course.
- 12 oz box of pasta of your choice
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups small grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste