Another week of above average temperatures.
Hot, Hot, and more Hot.
With the heat and humidity, I just don’t feel like hot food.
Unless it’s spicy, that’s is another issue altogether, and I always want spicy.
So let’s not turn on the stove. Okay?
In the blog world I have been seeing feta/watermelon salads. A lot.
So I thought why not jump in?
Unlike the rage of kale chips last summer, I just got around to making those.
Why oh why did I wait so long? They are fabulous.
So don’t wait so long, seize the moment and make this salad.
You could pair it with a some precooked shrimp from the market.
Or a few cold cuts, for me it would be prosciutto, naturally gluten free.
Some nice crusty baguette.
Chill some fruity, crisp white wine.
Dinner is ready.
- 1 medium seedless watermelon, skin and rind removed then sliced or cubed
- 1/2 lb feta, sliced or cubed
- 1/4 lb baby arugula, approx. 5 cups
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt