We picked up a few zucchini’s from the farmstand over the weekend, originally thinking of making a gratin-ish type zucchini dish, bubbly cheese, garlic etc.
Instead, I whipped up a batch of yummy Zucchini Corn Muffins.
That’s how versatile this vegetable is. How many other vegetables can you think of that make a fabulous cheesy baked dish and double as a soft, moist muffin with a perfectly bronzed dome?
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchini, grated with all liquid squeezed out
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk or substitute
- 1 cup sour cream or full fat greek style plain yogurt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Line muffin tin with paper liners and or spray with cooking spray.
Melt butter, set aside.
Lay a clean kitchen towel on work surface, place grater in center and grate zucchini.
Gather up towel and over the sink or bowl, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
Grab a large bowl and add all the dry ingredients.
Make a well in the center and add all the wet ingredients, mix until all incorported.
Fold in the grated zucchini.
Dollop into prepared muffin tin and slide into oven for 14-16 mins.
Remove from oven and let cool.