- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour*
- 1/2 cup gf polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 milk, or dairy replacement milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons or more of chopped sage (about 6-8 large leaves)
- *1 teaspoon xantham gum if your gf flour does not already contain it
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, with rack situated in center.
Add chopped shallots to pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook until soft and tender, about 4-5 minutes. Once cooked remove from heat and set aside.
In the meantime in a large bowl mix together the gf flour, polenta, breadcrumbs,parmesan, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg and salt.
Make a well in the middle and add the beaten eggs, milk and olive oil and mix well.
Add the shallots and sage and mix again.
Pour into a 8 or 9" ungreased cake pan and smooth over top. garnish with sage leaves.
Place in heated oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Wrap tightly in 2 layers of foil and freeze. To re-heat, remove from freezer and let sit until defrosted (overnight is best) then place in 300 degree oven for 10 minutes to warm up.