If we were to poll dessert lovers about their summer favorites, strawberry shortcake would rank right up there—probably in first place. But anyone who’s enjoyed key lime pie on a hot summer night is likely to place this dessert first. It’s certainly my preference.
The cool creaminess of this pie that packs a delightful citrus punch isn’t the only reason it’s quintessentially summer—it’s also no fuss and, above all, very little time in the oven. It’s whipped up simply with condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and a bit of zest, cooked just for a few minutes, then refrigerated until we are all ready to indulge.
Honey, that puts it at the top of the list for me.
- Graham cracker crust mix I used Kinnikinnik GF
- 2 - 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup lime juice OR key lime juice
- zest from 2 regular limes or 4 key limes
- Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract