If you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner next week.
I thought you could use a respite from all that poultry, gravy, cornbread and pumpkin.
A recipe that does not involve turkey stock or butter.
No little cubes of bread.
No parsley, thyme, or rosemary.
Absolultely no gourds.
None of those crispy onion things that come in a can.
Not a single dinner roll in sight.
You probably have been busy scanning cookbooks and magazines for the latest in Thanksgiving food trends.
Shopping for all those items you normally don’t have in the pantry.
Polishing the silver.
Starching the linens.
I know you are busy.
However, in the meantime you still need to eat.
And I bet right now, a roast chicken is not what you are craving.
- 1 packaged flank steak, approx. 2 lbs
- 1/4 cup GF tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce or other asian hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin
- 3 Tbs toasted sesame seeds