Although fall has arrived, I feel it is not my job to bombard you with all things pumpkin. We can thank Starbucks for starting the Pumpkin Latte craze. Although it certainly doesn’t stop there, at the grocery store today I spotted Pumpkin Spice Instant Oatmeal, Pumpkin Spice Cheerio’s, Lucy’s Pumpkin Patch Cookies, I draw the line though at the Pumpkin Spice Seltzer water – now that’s just too much.
Looking back, I noticed that I have shared only one Pumpkin recipe here – ever, and that was for fabulous Pumpkin Donuts in 2013. Therefore it’s time for this super easy and perfectly spiced Pumpkin Spice Almond Bread to be unveiled.
If you only have the bandwidth for one Pumpkin baked good this fall, this could be it. It requires no crazy ingredients, it’s naturally gluten free, only two bowls are left to wash up afterwards, and it’s even better with cream cheese frosting – always a bonus.
Best of all, it makes your kitchen smell amazing.
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, or more almond or any gf flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnanmon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cup canned puree pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs, or 4 small at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted pepitas or roasted pumpkin seeds