How do you feel about tofu?
It is a very polarizing food.
Most people think you either like it, or you don’t.
The carnivores thought they didn’t like it.
Until we baked it.
Once baked it has a nice charred, crispy exterior, and chewy interior.
It does not resemble it’s previous soft and pale packaged self at all.
Paired with Peanut dipping sauce, a big mound of sushi rice and some hoisin green beans, it was a big hit.
Wish I had put a little ramekin of peanut sauce in shot!! Darn, was in a hurry to get to the table and enjoy.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tb soy sauce, I use a gluten free version
- 1 Tbs chili paste (I use sambal Oelek), or hot sauce
- 3 Tbs sesame seeds
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy organic peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp chili paste (I like Sambal Oelek), or hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red curry paste, I use Thai Kitchen