Knowing me, you would expect a really healthy recipe today, to help un-do all the merry making we have been up to for which feels like months.
Never have I experienced a Holiday Season with so many parties, with Christmas on a Friday, and New Years Eve falling on Thursday, it was easy to squeeze in more get-together over the weekends. It seems everyone we know had a casual get-together as a result, with lots of fabulous food and wine, lots and lots of wine.
That’s why I made an ungodly amount of this salad. It’s perfect on it’s own, or with a handful of shaved parmesan, or ricotta salata scattered on top. Now, if I happen to be feeling svelte anytime soon, a nice little spatchcocked chicken on the side, now that would be absolutely divine, but really not very likely.
- 3 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, about 10 leaves, stripped from stem and sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 pepitas
- 1/4 good olive oil plus 1 tsp
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar (optional)