I know that I have mentioned a few times before, that there are few foods that I don’t like. And that really influences what I share here. Why would I spend the time and energy to cook and photograph something that I don’t particularly like, right?.
Up until last week, it didn’t occur to me that the same holds true for other members of my family as well. Since my guy doesn’t like corn bread muffins or even polenta, I don’t make them often — Sigh. Otherwise it would be left to me to gobble up the whole batch. Which, when presented with a food you love and don’t often get, wouldn’t really be problematic. Well, for me that holds true.
However, until those stupid skinny jeans go out of style, I froze most of the batch. That way, perhaps I will only eat a few at a time.
- 2 cups (280 grams) yellow cornmeal, divided
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea or table salt
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) buttermilk, or whole milk
- 1 cup (240 grams) sour cream (full-fat plain yogurt should work here too)
- 8 tablespoons (115 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 to 5 tablespoons (35 to 60 grams) sugar, I used only 3
- 2 large eggs