This year, I read many times that cauliflower is the new kale. Really? I am still trying to get on the kale bandwagon, I didn’t realize that there was a time limit to commit. Who would think the foodies so in need of a new vegetable to worship, would move on so quickly.
Today, I am digging in my heels, and, without apologizing, sharing a recipe featuring kale. A simple traditional Caesar Salad Dressing – with kale, neither cutting edge or nor trendy. Rather an old stand-by, because I think, everyone needs some version of the classic Caesar in their kitchen repertoire.
For those of you who missed the kale bandwagon, or didn’t want to join in it anyway. May I suggest the super-duper old-fashioned version of this Caesar Salad with romaine lettuce.
That version will never ever get old, to me.
- 6-8 ounces fresh baby kale, or approx 4-6 cups
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or passed through garlic press
- 4-5 oil packed anchovy filets, chopped fine, or 1 Tbsp anchovy paste
- 2 fresh egg yokes, or 1 Tbsp store bought mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese