Okay it’s a New Year and I am thinking a bunch of healthy low cal offerings would be good, right?
So here is the first of a weekly series of Soups.
I love Soup!
Love how you can whip one up with just a few ingredients, can modify if you happen to be missing something and it still turns out fantastic.
Love how they pair so well with a simple salad and warm bread.
And the one pot to clean afterwards doesn’t stink either.
Today a version of Mulligatawny Soup, Why? Because I picked up a cauliflower last week and needed to use it up.
Last month my Veggie Girl loved roasted califlower with cumin and cayenne. Asked me to make it more than a few times.
This month won’t even hear of it!
So I will blog that in a few months when she forgets she doesn’t like it anymore.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp (or more) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 large head of califlower, separated in florets
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored then choppped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- vegetable broth or water
- 1-14oz can chick peas, drained
- 1-14oz can coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro