Cornbread with Jalapenòs and Chives
Brunch, Dinner Party, Gluten Free, Sides, Vegetarian • Respond to this post »
- 1 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, or dairy free milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or melted and cooled butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped jarred jalapeños
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh corn kernels, chopped slightly
- 1/2 chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in center of oven.
Grease a square 9 x 9 x 2 baking pan, or line with parchment paper, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine flour cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Make a well in the center of dry mixture and add the buttermilk, oil and beaten eggs.
Stir until just blended. Add jalapeños, corn and chives and mix again.
Spoon batter into baking pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Cool slightly then cut into generous squares.